Do you like movies? So do I!

.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

I've Left Rotten Tomatoes

Well if you're reading this, there is a good chance that you have seen the e-mail on my rotten tomatoes account... If not, then I hope you enjoy what I have to say. My name is Nick, by the way. :) Anyway, I love movies. I've just started to get into them; I haven't seen much of them. Still working on that. I know what you're probably thinking (actually probably not); what's your favorite movie, nick? Well the answer to that is simply I don't know quite yet. There have been a lot of movies that I love, but somehow their qualities just seem to evenly matched. Sometimes I say it's The Godfather, another day I would say A Clockwork Orange, and another I would say it's Resevoir Dogs. It all depends on my mood. If I had to chose right now, and the moment I'm writing this, Resevoir Dogs. At the end of the day, I can't decide.

So my RT friends are probably wondering why I left RT. Probably not, seeing as how I just sort of stopped writing reviews, commenting, and the overall quality of my reviews dropped, as well as the popularity of my profile. I didn't mind this at all. I liked writing them, my friends and family liked them, and I liked them, which matters to me. I didn't just sort of give up, there is a totally legitimate reason.

There are so many people that I have found on RT that just spit out the RT consensus. It makes me sick that these people are just vomiting up bias; they're being almost brainwashed of their own opinions. Also, I find when I read the reviews on the movie I'm about to watch, I can't get the rating out of my mind. I also found myself being biased. And that's the main reason why I'm not going to be on RT anymore. I'm sure that you all don't mind, I've been sort of an asshole in the sense that I haven't been commenting on my friends reviews and things, and I just expect comments in return.

So.....Farewell RT!

7 comments:

  1. Very reasonable. Good luck in your filmaker career.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool blog, I'll follow your progress!

    I too moved on from RT, quite recently, check out my blog if you want:
    http://jacklfilmreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. D.- Thank you very much!

    Jack L.- Thanks! Actually you were sort of the inspiration to start a movie blog on blogspot, and I've been to your blog a lot, it's very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know you liked my blog, I'm very glad you do though!

    you should check out some of the other blogs I follow, they are pretty much all movie related, I would particularly recommend The Forgotten Classics of Yesteryear and Onlyne...

    Look forward to reading your reviews on your new blog, it's so much more practical than RT...

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the best !! I will keep track for your new postings. Same thing happened with me when I started my blog got less frequent at RT Community...still trying to catch up with old community friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck Nick! Hope you find your Nirvana (I'm also blogging separate to RT now)... I am AndysFilms on RT & SteelMonster in the real (non-Matrix) world ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. DJ- Thank you! Glad we share the same expiriences (:

    SteelMonster- Thank you! I'm still getting used to the whole ''non-matrix world'' (:

    ReplyDelete